Rajkumar Hirani initially didn’t want to cast Vicky Kaushal in Dunki; says, “Vicky made the biggest difference to the film”

Rajkumar Hirani returned to the direction scene with Shah Rukh Khan starrer Dunki. The filmmaker recently talked about the film in detail, and why he cast Vicky Kaushal in a special role.  

In a recent conversation with NDTV, Rajkumar Hirani said, “As we were chatting, the topic of casting came up. When he asked about the ideal boy for the role of Sukhi, I mentioned, ‘A boy like Vicky would be perfect’. However, I made it clear that I wouldn’t offer him the role because it’s a small role. Now he’s doing lead roles, so I wouldn’t offer it to him. Sham (Vicky’s father and action director Sham Kaushal) didn’t say anything.”

“That night, I got a call from Vicky, and he said, ‘How could you tell dad that you can’t offer the role to me?’ He met me the very next day, and it was kind of him to take on that role. It also showed what a good actor can do with a role like that, and Vicky made the biggest difference to the film,” he added.

Befor Dunki, Vicky Kaushal was a part of Sanju starring Ranbir Kapoor. 

Meanwhile, Dunki has collected Rs. 156.27 crores so far.  ALSO READ: Rajkumar Hirani breaks silence on Munna Bhai 3: “I have 5 half-written scripts”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/kWQze3R
Read More
Reactions

Post a Comment

0 Comments