Broken But Beautiful actor Sonia Rathee on season 4 being skipped in Siddharth Shukla's memory: “This is actually a very beautiful homage to him”

In a chat with HTCity, actor Sonia Rathee, who starred opposite the late Siddharth Shukla in Broken But Beautiful season 3, expressed her approval of the decision to forgo the fourth season of the show. “I think the gesture is brilliant,” Rathee, 35, said. “I don’t think Agastya (Shukla) and Rumi’s (Rathee) story should have gone forward without Siddharth. It wouldn’t have felt right.”

Honoring a legacy

It’s been three years since Siddharth Shukla’s untimely demise in September 2021, shortly after the release of Broken But Beautiful 3 in May of the same year. To honor his memory, producer-director Ekta Kapoor announced that the series will not continue without him. Rathee added, “This is actually a very beautiful homage to him. Ekta knew season four cannot be made with anybody else but him. He definitely deserved an homage and it’s quite beautiful that they decided to do that because he kind of encapsulates what Agastya was, and Rumi’s story can’t go on without him.”

Memories on set

Reflecting on her time with Shukla, Rathee, who was last seen in Tara Vs Bilal (2022), recalled how nervous she was initially, being new to the craft. She shared, “I remember it was my first day on set and it was my second scene shooting the show and I had to cry...I was so nervous. I was working myself up and had already taken eight takes. He just took me aside and said ‘it’s ok, chill. Main raat bhar rahunga yaha. It’s fine.’ And he did that several times during the filming of the series.”

Unmatchable aura

Rathee praised Shukla’s supportive nature and unmatchable aura, stating she felt “blessed” to have worked with him. “He was a mentor to me. I remember having long conversations where he would advise me, all because I was so new. Every time I look back at it, I remember all the things he used to tell me, and they ring so true.”

Grateful reflections

Sonia Rathee’s reflections on her time with Siddharth Shukla are filled with gratitude and admiration. “I learned so much from him. He definitely brought confidence in me, and I will always be grateful for that. I will always reflect back on that time with such a filled heart, and it will always make me happy,” she concluded.

Also Read: Asim Riaz reveals that Bigg Boss 13 was rigged; says, ‘the makers wanted Siddharth Shukla to win the game’



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/PgjzUbL
Read More
Reactions

Post a Comment

0 Comments